As the saying goes, your home is your castle. For homeowners, what makes your castle, or home, special is that it’s yours – your own unique piece of the world. Maybe that’s why the thought of a break-in is so upsetting. While a moat may not be the best form of protection nowadays, a security system is.
Here are ten reasons why you may be a good candidate for a security system:
- You don’t have a yard sign or window stickers – Burglars are looking for an easy score. Most of them don’t want anything to do with a home that has window stickers or a yard sign from a security company like Advanced Electric & Sound. The burglars will quickly move on to an easier target like a home that isn’t working with a professional monitoring company.
- You come home alone after dark or late at night – Arriving home after dark or late at night is not at all unusual for many people. If you are often coming home to a dark house late at night, it can be unsettling. Not only will a security system give you protection, but it will give you peace of mind, too.
- You’re always on the go – If you spend more time on the road than you do at home, then you may have reason to be concerned. When your home is empty on a regular basis, it can be noticed by the wrong people. Security systems protect your home and property
- You want to know when your children get home from school – If your kids would just remember to call you as soon as they get home from school this wouldn’t be an issue, right? Unfortunately, they don’t remember and you end up having to call the house and track them down nearly every day. Security systems with the new wireless technology allow you to skip all of that hassle. The system can email or text you each time the alarm is turned on or off, letting you know that the kids are home and inside the house. You can also use the smart phone app to check if windows or doors are open and if the alarm was re-engaged.
- You have concerns about continuous protection from a monitoring station – It’s important to have a local, reliable company monitoring your home’s security system because the police aren’t able to respond to many unverified reports of alarms going off. AE&S maintains a high-tech monitoring station and command center that is staffed 24-hours a day with team members trained to assist you with safety issues.
- You want a lower homeowner’s policy premium – To lower your homeowner’s insurance premium you need to prove to the insurance company that your odds for filing a claim for fire or theft have been reduced. You can do this by adding a home security system that also monitors for signs of smoke and fire. This will qualify you for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance policy of up to 20 percent with a home security system.
- You want extra protection from fire – For the most part, those of us who are vigilant about smoke detectors in our homes are most concerned about a fire in the middle of the night. Children – and some adults – are heavy sleepers. The placement of the smoke alarms can be crucial. If tied into a home alarm system, one smoke detector doing its job can instantly raise the fire alarm in the entire house.
- You want to spend more time traveling – It can be difficult it to just “pick up and go” for a quick weekend if you have to worry about securing your home before each trip. You can make those worries lighter with a reliable security system that is monitored 24-hours a day plus your own remote monitoring from your smart phone, tablet or laptop from anywhere on the globe.
- Your kids never seem to close a door – It’s understandable that you would worry about the security of your home when your teens and tweens can’t seem to remember to shut a door behind them. Of course an alarm system can’t fix this, but it will tell you if the kids are home from school or not. With a remote security system like the ones provided by AE&S, parents will receive an email or text when doors are locked or unlocked by the system,
If you meet any of these qualifications and are ready to take charge in protecting your home, schedule an appointment today for a free home security consultation.